Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down

For some people rainy days and mondays get them down, but not this gal! In fact I get excited when it rains because all the trees and all the spring flowers are getting water, and our lakes are getting filled up. This paricular monday I got together with my daughter Tracy and we made some beautiful pins for your hair, and some sombreuil rose broches.

You might recognize my hand made roses applied to some various items in Janna's shop, Collected Treasures. There are many creative ways to use my roses to spruce up everyday items on your clothing or in your home. For example, lamp shades, curtains, napkin holders, or just a simple sweater.

I'm making gypsie purses and embellishing them with hand made flowers made of velvet, crinoline, lace, and vintage jewlery. Here are a few that are almost finished. Tell me what you think. I appreciate your feedback.

These are some little treasures that I found last week. A beautiful silk nightgown with robe.
A wedding dress......

with its veil....
And a chandelier...
And a beautiful full sized mannequin. Isn't she lovely???
Springs is just around the corner and I have a lot of work to do in my garden, and for my booth. So gotta go!! I'll see you next week!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful flowers...really lovely! Thanks for sharing them.
    Have a Happy Weekend Friend!
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by....I hope you enjoyed your visit and I enjoy your comments........